Thursday, January 3, 2008

Will This Be Alan Crotzer's Year?

Central Florida News, Tuesday, January 01, 2008 -- Al with Gov. Crist during last year's sessionThe new year brought new hope for Alan Crotzer. The former St. Petersburg man was locked up for more than two decades for a crime he did not commit.

DNA testing helped secure his freedom, but he said he wants more.

Only a couple of years before, Crotzer was still serving a life sentence for double rape, until from the bowels of a Hillsborough County government building came his ticket home: Old DNA evidence, resounding proof he was innocent.

"If you didn't do it, you didn't do it, and for me, to be held accountable for a court upsetting my life -- I went in there at 20, and I came out at 45 years old, and to sit here and talk to you, I'm blessed, but there are those that are going to die in there," Crotzer said.

Continue reading the article.

No comments: